This course will describe the different developmental aspects of building the skills necessary for reading ability. The participant will engage in learning about reading decoding, fluency and reading comprehension, considering current reserch and thougts as well as the developmental building blocks for each. It is a “must have” course for anyone interested in creating academic proficiency in children considering school as an occupational function. Information will provide a bridge between teaching and developmental intervention through therapeutic services. It will emphasize the need of a team approach and emphasize the true possibility of change in reading proficiency that will change studemt’s lives.
Day 1: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at (1pm US EST): What is reading?
Day 2: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at (1pm US EST): Fluency in Reading
Day 3: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at (1pm US EST): Reading Comprehension
Day 4: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at (1pm US EST): Developmental Hierarchy of Reading 1
Day 5: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at (1pm US EST): Developmental Hierarchy of Reading 2
Day 6: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at (1pm US EST): Case study
1. Explain 5 different components of Reading Proficiency
2. List the involvement of 3 different sensory influences in the skill of reading
3. Apply understanding of building working memory skill to influence reading comprehension
4. Recognize the importance of considering 7 developmental stages in building the readiness of reading skill
5. Prioritize the importance of understanding the social-emotional implications of reading skill difficulties in children and adults
18 Contact Hours
Maude Le Roux Academy
Payment is due in full with registration through PayPal and there is a non-refundable cancellation fee of $25 at any time. If the course participant cancels within 30 days prior to the course starting date, the reimbursement would be 75% and within 2 weeks of the course; reimbursement would be calculated at 50%. Please contact email@example.com