This course is created mainly for parents, but also for professionals wanting to support their parents in ways that foster emotional growth and self-esteem. In addition to promoting self-esteem, we would cover topics such as discipline, nurture vs. nature and different aspects of understanding children’s temperament. Meltdown and frustration behavior will be discussed, including a meltdown recipe that will support the parent greatly in time of need. Different theories of child development will be discussed in practical ways with ideas and practical tips supporting the parent in everyday situations. This course is a “must have” for families and will save many crazy moments of thinking that a certain parenting style is failing the child.
Day 1: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at (10.00am US EST): Using Emotional Growth to foster cognitive growth
Day 2: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at (10.00am US EST): Understanding Separation Individuation Development
Day 3: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at (10.00am US EST): Discipline and Self Esteem
Day 4: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at (10.00am US EST): 6 Emotional Developmental Levels
Day 5: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at (10.00am US EST): The Meltdown Recipe
Day 6: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at (10.00am US EST): Creating a problem-solving thinker
1. Explain 3 different components of building self-esteem in children
2. List 3 different theorists that support understanding of emotional growth in children
3. Apply understanding of building alliances with a child that fosters the parent’s authority and the child’s growth in self-determination
4. Recognize the importance of considering the 6 developmental emotional capacities of Dr. Stanley Greenspan
5. Prioritize the importance of different stages of growth towards individuation
6. Apply the different steps of a behavioral recipe that will decrease the length of time as well as the frequency of emotional outbursts.
7. List three different considerations of creating a problem-solving thinker.
18 Contact Hours
Maude Le Roux Academy
Payment is due in full with registration through PayPal and there is a non-refundable cancellation fee of $25 at any time. If the course participant cancels within 30 days prior to the course starting date, the reimbursement would be 75% and within 2 weeks of the course; reimbursement would be calculated at 50%. Please contact email@example.com