Description: This 12-month long workshop series is a direct response to frequent requests for Maude to provide more integration between theory, different thought leaders, and various modalities in a cost-effective way. Join us for a journey through different areas of development, rich in information with great application to case studies. Attendees will volunteer to present their own cases as part of these workshops. The journey has a two-fold process. Each month we will release a recorded webinar series at no charge to attendees which they can watch in their own time. The second part is that an online meeting will occur each month for 3 hours upon each date to discuss questions live with Maude as well as make case presentations based on these topics and more. Times each month will vary to accommodate our growing global community and the sessions will be recorded and sent to each participant in the program. Maude will ensure these discussions are rich and thought provoking for everyone. This is an opportunity not to be missed! Make 2022 the year for clinical thinking growth and expansion of your clinical expertise. Maude is also looking forward to learning from everyone else and moderating stimulating discussion.
If you have completed some of the course work with Maude in the past 2 years, Maude will release a commensurate different workshop for individual situations.
Payment Option: Monthly payment option of $100/month available. Contact Megan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info.
Outline / Agenda:
Wednesday January 19, 2022 2 to 5pm US ET Reflex Integration
Thursday February 17, 2022 9 to 12pm US ET Sensory Modulation / Regulation
Thursday March 24, 2022 7 to 10pm US ET Brain Injury
Wednesday April 20, 2022 2 to 5pm US ET Anxiety and Sensory Processing
Thursday May 12, 2022 9 to 12pm US ET Fine Motor Skills, Dysgraphia
Thursday June 16, 2022 7 to 10pm US ET Teenagers, Their Struggles Within
Wednesday July 13, 2022 2 to 5pm US ET Interactive Metronome, Timing and the Brain
Thursday, August 18, 2022 9 to 12pm US ET Interoception
Monday, September 26, 2022 7 to 10pm US ET Visual Processing, Ocular Motor and Visual-Spatial Skills
Wednesday, October 26, 2022 2 to 5pm US ET Sensory Ideas for the Classroom
Thursday, November 17, 2022 9 to 12pm US ET Golden Nuggets for Parents
Thursday, December 15, 2022 7 to 10pm US ET Executive Functioning Foundations
- Discuss at least 10 reflex patterns indicating the lack of postural control for stability
- Compare the impact of sensory and emotional triggers in behavior
- Consider at least 5 aspects of Brain Injury / Post Concussion Syndrome and possibilities for intervention
- Analyze 5 critical points of anxiety from a sensory processing perspective
- Include assessment and intervention protocol for fine motor, dysgraphia and handwriting skill
- Discuss at least 5 different components of adolescent development to consider in intervention
- Describe the important contribution of timing with regards to sensory integration
- Consider the importance of Interoception, and the Vagus Nerve to body awareness and sensory integration
- List 5 critical components for integration between ocular-motor, visual perception and visual-spatial skills
- Show at least 8 ideas for each of 6 sensory systems to support sensory ideas for a classroom
- Provide multiple ideas for key components of parenting to support raising children with developmental challenges
- Outline 8 key components of executive functions to support learning in children
Assessment: Completion of Feedback Form
Certificate of attendance will be provided
Provider Name: The Maude Le Roux Academy
Presenter: Maude Le Roux, OTR/L, SIPT, DIR/Floortime International Trainer
Bio: Maude Le Roux, OTR/L, is an international trainer in a variety of different courses. She is an accomplished occupational therapist with great affinity for the impact of sensory processing on human behavior and learning. She was born and raised in South Africa and graduated from the University of Stellenbosch in Cape Town in 1984. Maude and Charl Le Roux moved to the USA in 1993 and opened A Total Approach in September 2001. She is SIPT certified and specializes in Sensory Integration services through the use of several modalities and maintains her practice even as she teaches extensively.
Maude designs her own live courses with regards to occupational functioning of students across different ages and stages of development in a variety of categories. She is well known for her experience and work with children who are diagnosed with ADHD/Executive Functioning, Autism Spectrum, Attachment, Sensory Processing Disorder, Brain Injury and Dyslexia/ Learning Disabilities. Maude is a mentor to many therapists, including OT and multi-disciplinary professionals internationally. She opened The Maude Le Roux Academy online in January 2019. Maude has presented at conferences in a variety of settings across the US as well as internationally. She has co-authored the book, The Listening Journey, with Francoise Nicoloff, and her second book, Our Greatest Allies, is available on Amazon.com.
Special Needs Accommodation: We invite anyone who may need a specific accommodation to contact email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Cancellation policy: Payment is due in full with registration through Square on this website and is non-refundable at any time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions in this regard.