This 6-week recorded course is created mainly for parents, but also for professionals wanting to support their parents in ways that foster emotional growth and self-esteem. In addition to promoting self-esteem, we cover topics such as discipline, nurture vs. nature, and different aspects of understanding children’s temperament. Meltdown and frustration behavior will be noted, including a meltdown recipe that will support the parent greatly in time of need. Different theories of child development will be discussed in practical ways with ideas and practical tips of supporting the parent in everyday situations. This course is a “must have” for families and will save many crazy moments of thinking that a certain parenting style is failing the child. It is meant to empower the parent to move beyond power struggles, while at the same time equipping the child to reach for every growth opportunity.
Outline / Agenda:
Session 1: Using Emotional Growth to foster cognitive growth
Session 2: Understanding Separation Individuation Development
Session 3: Discipline and Self Esteem
Session 4: 6 Emotional Developmental Levels
Session 5: The Meltdown Recipe
Session 6: Creating a problem-solving thinker
- Explain 3 different components of building self-esteem in children
- List 3 different theorists that support understanding of emotional growth in children
- Apply understanding of building alliances with a child that fosters the parents’ authority and the child’s growth in self-determination
- Recognize the importance of considering the 6 developmental emotional capacities of Dr. Stanley Greenspan
- Prioritize the importance of different stages of growth towards individuation
- Apply the different steps of a behavioral recipe that will decrease the length of time as well as frequency of emotional outbursts.
- List three different considerations of creating a problem-solving thinker.
Certificate of Attendance will be provided
Maude Le Roux Academy
9 LaCrue Avenue, Suite 103, Glen Mills, PA, 19342
Presenter: Maude Le Roux OTR/L, IMC, SIPT, CTC, DIR-FT International Trainer
Special Needs Accommodation:
We invite anyone who may need a specific accommodation to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. We do provide online PowerPoint for download should you require larger print and we do wear specialized headphones to best accommodate for a clear audio message.
Course Completion Requirement:
To receive your certificate upon completion, which includes Contact Hours, you must complete the course evaluation feedback form.
Please contact email@example.com if you experience any technical difficulties.