A 6-session recorded course, which will serve as the foundation from which most intervention can be planned. Maude discusses the relevance of current theories and the fundamental core difficulties associated with Autism. She gathers information from working according to a multi-perspective view providing a holistic frame from with Autistic persons can be served. Maude understands Autism from the “inside out” and her embracing, warm disposition towards autistics creates an empathetic understanding that practitioners across the globe have come to appreciate and apply to their work. This course is not to be missed if you are working on in this field of application. Her research bibliography is extensive and her practical way of explaining complicated material has made Maude a “loved” presenter. She clearly knows this topic very well. This course is considered a bronze level course and is a pre-required first step in a 4-step ladder to progress in her certificate program.
Outline / Agenda:
Week 1: Autism Classification and components
Week 2: Autism Theories Expanded
Week 3: Autism and Sensory Processing
Week 4: Autism and Emotional Development
Week 5: DIR/Floortime and ASD
Week 6: Long term Case study
- Explain two prominent theories related to the Autism Spectrum
- List the 6 developmental levels of Dr. Stanley Greenspan
- Apply at least 4 principles of intervention to influence social-emotional processing in autistic persons
- Recognize the importance of considering Theory of Mind (ToM) when planning intervention related to social perspective taking
- List at least 6 executive functions that are important to consider when targeting functional independence in everyday activities, including school occupational function
- Prioritize at least 6 elements of sensory processing relevant to the diagnostic classification of Autism Spectrum Disorders
Certificate of Attendance will be provided
Maude Le Roux Academy
9 LaCrue Avenue,Suite 103, Glen Mills, PA, 19342
Fax: 484-840-1560Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maude Le Roux OTR/L, IMC, SIPT, CTC, DIR-FT International Trainer
Special Needs Accommodation:
We invite anyone who may need a specific accommodation to contact email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. We do provide online PowerPoint for download should you require larger print and we do wear specialized headphones to best accommodate for a clear audio message.
Course Completion Requirement:
To receive your certificate upon completion, which includes Contact Hours, you must complete the course evaluation feedback form.
Payment is due in full with registration through the website and payment will be non-refundable. The course participant cannot download the sessions, though can access the videos repeatedly for a period of 4 weeks, starting at the time of payment.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org you experience any technical difficulties.
Maude and Charl Le Roux own the Maude Le Roux Academy and thus the proceeds of this course will cover operational expenses as well as provide income for Maude and Charl Le Roux.