When: Online at 10.30am US EST on Tuesdays for 90 minutes. (June 16 – August 11, 2020)
Description: Working with Autistics can be stimulating, yet challenging as the range of different functionalities are very wide. This 8-week course is the second tier (Silver) of the track series in Autism Spectrum Disorder and in order to enroll the participant would have had to complete the first tier at the Bronze level. We will unpack the possibilities of individual differences through the 6 functional, emotional, and developmental capacities of the late Dr. Stanley Greenspan. The participant will be enabled to use the evaluation template provided through watching video of the assessment process as it unfolds. Each level will include assessing individual differences pertaining to that level, especially as it implicates functional, occupational performance. The relational component would be included in the assessment process as well as standardized assessment tools. For those clients who would not be able to complete standardized assessments, the extensive battery of clinical observations together with the 6 DIR levels will provide ample information to enable goal setting and intervention planning. Aspects such of Theory Of Mind (ToM), and social perspective taking is included in this evaluation.
Outline / Agenda:
June 16, 2020: The Autism Assessment Protocol Template
June 23, 2020: Assessment Process through video, discussion and completing forms
June 30 2020: Assessment Process through video, discussion and completing forms
July 7, 2020: Assessment Process through video, discussion and completing forms
July 21, 2020: Assessment Process through video, discussion and completing forms
July 28, 2020: Case Study presentations
August 4, 2020: Case Study presentations
August 11, 2020: Case Study presentations
- Identify 6 functional emotional developmental capacities to support clinical judgment and target intervention.
- List at least 1 standardized assessment tool for each of the 6 functional emotional developmental capacities
- Analyze through video 6 functional emotional developmental capacities to support clinical understanding to drive intervention planning.
- Develop clinical thinking through the written analysis of one case study, as well as the case presentations of other course participants.
- Each therapist would present a case video of clinical observations (5 minutes in length) of their choice with clinical background of 5 minutes to be discussed in the group for 20 additional minutes (30 minutes in total).
- Each therapist will also be expected to complete a written assessment on the template provided within two weeks after the last meeting date. This written assessment will be reviewed and returned to the therapist.
- A feedback form will be forwarded to the course participant after the written assessment has been reviewed and once completed a certificate will follow through electronic mail.
AOTA Classification Codes:
Domain of OT:
Occupations: Activities of Daily Living
Performance Skills: Motor, Process, Social Interaction Skills
Certificate of Competence will be provided
Maude Le Roux Academy
9 LaCrue Ave, Suite 103, Glen Mills, PA 19342
Phone: 484 840 1529
Fax: 484 840 1560
Speaker: Maude Le Roux OTR/L, IMC, SIPT, CTC, DIR-FT International Trainer
Special Needs Accommodation: We invite anyone who may need a specific accommodation to contact email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. We do provide online PowerPoint for download should you require larger print and we do wear specialized headphones to best accommodate for a clear audio message.
Course Completion Requirement: Please note that you will not receive contact hours for sessions where you were absent. To receive your certificate upon completion, which includes Contact Hours, you must complete the course evaluation feedback form as well as the written assessment and video clinical observation presentation.
Cancellation policy: Payment is due in full with registration through PayPal and there is a non-refundable cancellation fee of $25 at any time. If the course participant cancels within 30 days prior to the course starting date, the reimbursement would be 75% and within 2 weeks of the course; reimbursement would be calculated at 50%. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org If the course should be cancelled by the Maude Le Roux Academy, each course participant will be contacted via e-mail notification to announce rescheduled dates or when reimbursement would be issued if not able to reschedule.
Maude and Charl Le Roux own the Maude Le Roux Academy and thus the proceeds of this course will cover operational expenses as well as provide income for Maude and Charl Le Roux.