This workshop will cover the different sensory systems in different sections that will entice the participant to want to know more. Maude discusses each system with a careful blend of neuroanatomy, theory, as well as practical ideas to use in pediatric practice. The overlap of the different systems is considered in terms of integration as well as the impact of these sensory systems on functional performance, academics and executive functions. The participant will undertake a journey of the senses that will bring the developmental focus to application in therapy and promote effective goal planning and intervention outcomes.
The Nuts and Bolts of Sensory Processing: Adelaide - June, 11, 2020
Dates: June 11, 2020
Time: 9 am – 5 pm
Who can benefit: Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Educators, Researchers, Neuropsychologists, Educational Psychologists.
Venue: Contact email@example.com
- 08.30 to 09.00 – Registration
- 09.00 to 10.00 – Sensory Modulation
- 10.00 to 10.45 – The Somatosensory System
- 10.45 to 11.00 – Break
- 11.00 to 12.00 – The Vestibular System
- 12.00 to 13.00 – The Visual System
- 13.00 to 14.00 – Lunch
- 14.00 to 15.00 – The Auditory System
- 15.00 to 15.30 – The Oral / Olfactory System
- 15.30 to 15.45 – Break
- 15.45 to 17.00 – Intervention through Video Case samples
- Describe at least 5 different senses related to Sensory Processing
- Review the impact of sensory developmental difficulties on academic and social function
- List at least 10 different ways sensory processing impact on executive functioning.
- Discover multiple intervention strategies for sensory processing difficulties.